|Home > Activity > 2009
| January 19-20 "2009 Winter Bird School"
Location: Taehwa River, Tennis-court area
- Lee Gee Seop (Korea Research Institute for Ecology)
- Kim Sung Soo (Ulsan Classic Crane Dance Preservation Association)
- Gang Chang Hui (Hyundai Motor Company, Environment and Security Team)
| March 8 - May 31 "9th Taehwa River Expedition", "Environment Keepers"
Subject: Preparation for "4th Taehwa River Eco-Fair"
Objectives: Restoration movement for Taehwa River endangered species, response activity on Convention on Climate Change
Host: Clean Energy Promoting Citizen's Forum
Organizer: Clean Energy Promoting Citizen's Forum, "Environment Keepers" Hweya River Expedition
Date: March 8 - May 31
Location: Taehwa River area
| April 22 Earth Day Celebration, Seminar "Copenhagen Protocol negotiations outlook and strategy's for response on Convention on Climate Change"
Date: April 22 (Wed.) 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Location: Ulsan University Industry Cooperation Center, Room for international academic meetings (160 seats)
Organizer: Ulsan Green Start Network (CG10)
Host: Steering Committee of Ulsan Agenda 21, Ulsan Regional Environmental Technology Development Center, Clean Energy Promoting Citizen's Forum
Sponsors: Ministry of Environment, Ulsan Metropolitan City
Opening Ceremony (2:00-2:40 p.m.)
Green Start Performance: Carbon Neutral Program Declaration
Presentation and discussion (2:40-4:40)
"Climate Change Convention and the direction of the government's response"
Lee Min Hoe (Ministry of Environment, Climate Change Division)
"Copenhagen Protocol and view of post-Kyoto system"
No Dong Un, Ph.D. (Korea Energy Economics Institute, Measures overall climate Department)
"Current status and view of domestic CDM projects registration"
Park Sun Cheol (Korea Energy Management Corporation, Carbon Market Office)
"Green development and Ulsan's response strategies on climate change"
Hoe Yeong Do (University of Ulsan, Business Administration Department, Professor)
| May 14-16 "2009 Clean Energy Industrial Exhibition"
Exhibition Title: 2009 Clean Energy Industrial Exhibition
Period: May 14 (Thu) ~ May 16 (Sat.) / 3days
Opening Ceremony: May 14,10:30 a.m.
Opening hours: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Location: KBS Ulsan Hall
Host: Ulsan Metropolitan City, KBS Ulsan
Organizer: Clean Energy Promoting Citizen's Forum
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy
- Korea Energy Management Corporation
- Ulsan Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Ulsan Metropolitan Office of Education
- Ulsan Green Development Forum
- Korea Industrial Complex Corp. Ulsan ECO Agency
- Ulsan Regional Environmental Technology Development Center
- Pusan National University (Human Resource Development Center for Energy Technology)
Supporter: Kyung Dong City Gas
1) Green Energy Hall
2) Green Technology Hall
3) Eco-Industrial Complex Hall
4) Ulsan Enterprises
5) Energy Experience, PR
Solar power, wind force, hydrogen fuel cells, geothermal energy, bio-energy, waste, power IT, energy storage, combined heats, heat pumps, superconductivity, energy buildings, LED lighting, environment and recycling, high-efficiency and energy conservation.
Experience Training: self-development experience, solar energy experience, experience of energy conservation, experience of climate change, experience of energy-making
Ride Events: Electric Bikes Riding
1) Seminar "Business strategies for low-carbon green development"
2) Seminar "Green technology and industry's new development strategy"
3) Seminar "Low-carbon green development and Eco Industrial Polis development strategies"
4) "2009 Green Energy Essay Contest"
| May 28 "2009 Green Start demonstration apartment selection and proclamation of greenhouse gas emissions reduction"
Date: May 28 3:00 p.m.
Place: Buk-gu Chongok-tong Ubang Apartment
Sponsor: Ulsan Green Start Network
Host: Ulsan Apartments Tenants Association, Clean Energy Promoting Citizen's Forum
Purposes and objectives:
- Part of Eco-Polis Civil Movement
- Energy conservation, water conservation
- The opportunity to reconfirm the implementation of the Convention
- Presentation of tools for water saving and power-line filters
- Citizen's practice declaration to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by one ton per year
| June 5-7 "Taehwa River Eco-Fair"
Period: June 5th (Fri)-June 7th (Sun)
Location: Ulsan Grand Park, South Gate Square Exhibition Hall
Opening Ceremony: June 5th (Fri), 6:00 p.m.
Opening hours: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Host: Clean Energy Promoting Citizen's Forum
Organizer: "Environment Keepers" Taehwa River Expedition
Sponsor: Ulsan Metropolitan City, Ulsan Metropolitan Office of Education, Key-Chungsan Botanical Garden, Insects and People, Ulsan Solnaeum, Chuyong Bookstore
Supporter: Hyundai Motor Company, Kyung Dong City Gas, JinYang Industry
Main contents of the exhibition:
1) Taehwa River Fish Exhibition Hall
2) Taehwa River Egret, Rook Ecological Hall
3) Taehwa River Ecological Museum
4) Ecological Map of Taehwa River ll
5) Dragon Swallowtail Butterfly Hall
6) "Our beautiful wildflowers" exhibition
| June 15 Press conference on Korean stumpy bullhead fish-related natural monument
Location: City Hall Press Center, 11:00 a.m.
| June 16-October 24 "14th Clean Energy Experience School", about 500 people
| October 7-17 "3rd Taehwa River Egret Ecological School"
| August 21 "Taehwa River Environment Experience Hall"
Waterfront of a Taehwa River, 100 households are selected all over the country, 400 people attended
| September 3 Dragon Swallowtail butterfly ecological learning Ceremony
Location: Wildflowers Studying Center field, 3:00 p.m.
| December 13-19 15th Conference of the Parties (COP 15) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Copenhagen, Denmark